Thursday 28 March 2013

Slippery, Spring in My Step

Cherry Corsa - Written off March 2013


Reflecting on 14th February 2013 08:00hrs


My internal head P.A. "Don't be late for that early meeting!" ..Other busy head chatter related to the work diary fights to be heard.
The Me driving to work. "Indicate, look in rear mirror, check blind spot (hand on heart I did!!).....
WHY AM I SPINNING???".........and breath.  
Internal question...."Why am I sitting in my car, on the wrong side of the carriage way? Suddenly stopped. With a man in van starring back at me in utter shock!?"
Happy Valentines Day! and congratulations on the unintentional car stunt spinning,  fortunately no individuals were hurt during this unplanned event.  

The tiny snowman outside the Salvation Army Hostel


March Snowman 



Four weeks had passed since the car spin incident, and I eventually received notice that my car, Cherry Corsa, was a write off.  This update was followed with further fun related to the new work car scheme procedures and policies. And so, it's spring! I'm waiting for further instructions from the work fleet department, with a diary full of appointments and I'm car less.  All minor little aggravations.  I decide to turn the situation into fun.  What a great opportunity to get further foot mileage out of my good ole, trustworthy trekking boots! I also thought, I would put to test my timing and organisation skills.  Planning meetings and attendance arrival completely by foot and or public transport.  Added to this was the start of spring with a fabulous snow fall.  I can't deny the car scenario is a hassle.  The dreaded time to car research, weigh up finances and all the other car purchase stuffy things.  In the meantime, I have actually made pleasure packing my backpack with my laptop safely cushioned, lunch, my work old manual diary, tying on the trekking boots and enjoyed extra use of my camera travelling by foot to work meetings.  Whilst some have not welcomed the snow in spring, I have loved the spring snow walks, feeling the cool on my face and hearing the crunching snow underfoot.  Other bonuses: slowing down and more exercise.  The younger Lisa would not have noticed all the positives that could come from a negative experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment